Field school Template
Dates: #month #days, #year
Location: #university, #city, #state
#address (if relevant)
Applications due on #Date
This #X-day, intensive, in-person PEER introductory field school gives opportunities for faculty, postdocs, and graduate students in various disciplines to develop their own educational research practices. PEER supports emerging education researchers in developing their research interests into concrete questions, developing short- and long-term research plans, building community with other education researchers, and making progress on advancing projects to publication.
- Virtual Kickoff: #day #date, Time: #time (#timezone)
- #days/times for each session
Who Should attend?
#should be adjusted for regional field schools
PEER targets a broad diversity of experience and interest in DBER. The workshop is appropriate for:
- Faculty not currently engaged in DBER but interested in learning about theories and methodologies for possible future research
- Current DBER researchers looking to build or broaden their network of collaborators and engage in generative discussions about existing and new projects
- Graduate students or postdoctoral researchers who want to learn more about DBER project management and building a successful research program
- Faculty at teaching-focused universities interested in using research methodology to improve or assess their teaching and/or publish in Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
What do we Do?
Participants in the field school will…
- …develop and practice fundamental underlying skills and competencies in doing research, including “yes, and”, generative writing, collaboration skills, and other topics as related to specific workshops
- …develop and make significant progress in planning their own research projects
- …increase their self-efficacy in doing education research
- …build a community for supporting their education research
Since the syllabus for each field school is adapted to the needs of the participants, the syllabus is only available to registered participants. However, a sample schedule is available on the Sample Field School page.